Lifestyle and Mobility Terms & Conditions
We have designed our site to protect the information we collect online from unauthorised access. We safeguard your private information by implementing the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedure necessary to protect your privacy. To further protect your security, we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal profile or making data changes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and have security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information.
Please note that all calls are recorded for training and quality purposes. The exception to this policy is if and when any payments are taken over the phone – we do not record card details and similar being given during such transactions.
What data do we collect?
Lifestyle & Mobility collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Lifestyle & Mobility with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Lifestyle & Mobility collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Aid strategic development
- Audit usage of the site
We may share your data with partner organisations
How do we store your data?
Lifestyle & Mobility securely stores your data on our internal systems in compliance with our own security policies and relevant regulations.
We expect you to maintain the confidentiality of your user name and password for your Lifestyle & Mobility account.
Unless otherwise stated, all rights, including copyright, in the content, text and graphics of these Lifestyle & Mobility web pages are owned and controlled for these purposes by Lifestyle & Mobility. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store, transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these Lifestyle & Mobility pages for any other purpose whatsoever, in any medium, without the prior written permission of Lifestyle & Mobility.
In accessing Lifestyle & Mobility web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use.
Feel free to use small quotes as long as you acknowledge our site and provide a link back to the original source.
Lifestyle & Mobility occasionally make our mailing available to carefully-selected third party marketing companies. Please note that we do not release phone numbers or email addresses.
You have the right at any time to stop Lifestyle & Mobility from contacting you for marketing purposes or making your data available to third parties.
What are your data protection rights?
Lifestyle & Mobility would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Lifestyle & Mobility for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Lifestyle & Mobility correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Lifestyle & Mobility complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Lifestyle & Mobility erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Lifestyle & Mobility restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Lifestyle & Mobility’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Lifestyle & Mobility transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Or write to us:
Lifestyle & Mobility
The Victoria Shopping Centre,
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Lifestyle & Mobility uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Lifestyle & Mobility uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Lifestyle & Mobility sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Google Analytics Tool & Social Media Plug-Ins
Social media plug-ins for Facebook and Twitter obtain data for tracking purposes.
Privacy policies of other websites
The above privacy statement may not be applicable in all countries of Lifestyle & Mobility visitors or registered community users, as security policies may vary according to the individual internet laws in each host country.
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write to us at:
Lifestyle & Mobility
The Victoria Shopping Centre,
We accept online credit or debit card payments in a secure environment using Secure Socket Layering technology (SSL) This means that on any page where you enter your personal information: such as credit card details, the information sent to us is encrypted to safeguard your details. Encryption prevents other internet users from accessing this information.
We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our site and your details are as secure as possible. When you send us your personal information, the link between your PC and our server is encrypted using industry standard methods (SSL). Once your information reaches our server the card details are further encrypted before being stored on our secure sever behind its firewall. Your card number is never stored in any human readable format. Our computers use your card details to take payment automatically. Our employees have no access to any sensitive customer information.
In some instances, Lifestyle & Mobility will contact you via telephone after an order has been placed on the site. You will be requested to confirm details of the order. This will allow the order to then be processed and dispatched promptly to you. Lifestyle & Mobility will never request you to confirm your registration password you use to log into your account.
Note: If you receive a suspected fake Lifestyle & Mobility e-mail, discover a spoof Lifestyle & Mobility website, or if anything raises your suspicions, please report it to us at [email protected], forwarding any suspicious e-mails including the full headers directly.
Ordering & Payments
You can place your order simply and safely online or in person in at any of our stores. Orders can also be placed over the phone, but for security reasons, this is done at company discretion. Should you wish to make a telephone order, call 01702 417 088 to speak to a member of our retail team.
- Payments can be made using all major credit and debit cards with the Lifestyle and Mobility Secure Payment System.
- All orders are processed by our Sales Team. Their procedures are fully compliant with both Data Protection and Computer Misuse Acts.
- All orders outside the UK mainland (including Northern Ireland) will be subject to postage and packing charges, which you will be advised of prior to shipment of goods.
- All personal information gathered is for the sole purpose of processing customer orders and is not passed to any other party.
- Please note that, where applicable, no products will be dispatched until the VAT Exemption Form has been sent back to us, via email or by post.
- If you encounter any problems whilst ordering from Lifestyle and Mobility please don’t hesitate to contact us through e-mail: [email protected]
- Individuals who are chronically sick or disabled and whose products are for personal use, or charities where the products are made available to a disabled person for their own personal/domestic use, may be eligible for VAT Relief.
- To quality for VAT Relief you must ensure that the VAT Relief checkboxes are selected at checkout, along with stating the precise medical condition. Assuming you meet the criteria, VAT will not be added (unless a particular product has compulsory VAT).
- Orders that are received without ticked exemption will incur the VAT charge which will be highlighted clearly to you through our shopping calculator.
- Completed VAT Relief Declarations by customers are accepted as prima facie evidence by the Company that a valid medical condition exists for exemption under The VAT Act, and no VAT will be charged on the goods purchased. If, at a later date, HMRC disputes the validity of the medical condition, you will be liable to pay the appropriate VAT that should have been applied. Under these circumstances, Lifestyle and Mobility reserves the right to demand that you pay the VAT amount that is due.
- Customers in EU countries may have to pay VAT depending on location. Customers outside of the European Union do not pay any VAT.
- The VAT/sales tax shown in the basket and in our checkout is meant as a guide. The final VAT/sales tax amount will be shown on the printed invoice received with your items.
The base price of all online goods is clearly set out on the website. All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling. The price of the goods is exclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
Unless otherwise stated, the price of the goods is exclusive of the costs and charges of packaging, insurance and transport of the goods.
Where the ‘In-Store Price’ is listed, this refers to the current price in Lifestyle & Mobility showrooms. The prices shown online are only applicable to purchases made via the website. The prices payable and promotions offered online may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time in Lifestyle & Mobility showrooms. When purchases are made online, we are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion which differs from what is shown on our website. Similarly, Lifestyle & Mobility showrooms are under no obligation to honour any online price or promotion which differs from in-store prices and promotions.
Special Offers and promotions advertised in the press or other media may be excluded from the site unless specifically advertised as available online. All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last. This includes all offers advertised via official Lifestyle & Mobility social media channels.
Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
Made-to-Order, Bespoke, Special Build & Prescriptive Goods
Lifestyle & Mobility are under no obligation to provide refunds on any goods falling into the above categories, unless they are unable to perform the stated functions in their respective user documentation to a reasonable standard. Any post-order change in a customer’s bespoke requirements will be subject to additional charge.
Every effort has been taken to ensure that the products supplied by Lifestyle & Mobility correspond as closely as possible to the pictures on our website and brochure, but some products may display cosmetic variations due to the inherent nature of the materials used. Lifestyle & Mobility are not responsible for any such variations, including but not limited to the following:
- Product colour and shade variations between one manufacturing batch and another
- Difference in fabric patterning (unless product is explicitly sold as having a particular pattern)
- Unique characteristics such as shade variation, random scars and blemishes on natural materials such as leather.
We reserve the right to make any changes to product descriptions/specifications (internal or external) and any other changes where necessary. Lifestyle & Mobility will make all reasonable effort to inform you of any such changes where applicable.
Please note that, for manufacturers’ reasons beyond our control, products may differ from catalogue to website to store.
Lifestyle & Mobility Delivery Policy
Lifestyle & Mobility offer a range of delivery options, which vary between product classes. The full selection of delivery methods which we offer is laid out below. Please note that not all delivery options are available on all products, and that the options applicable to any given product may be subject to change.
FREE Next day Delivery (1-2 working days)
Amazing FAST and FREE delivery on selected products only! This is kerb side delivery, and the item will be fully boxed. You will need to put together the product yourself, and dispose of all packaging. Mainland UK only.
Whilst we endeavour to keep the list of products to which this offer applies as up-to-date as possible, we do still advise that customers call ahead before purchasing items offered as such in case the availability situation has deteriorated due to unforeseen circumstances.
This can differ in price depending on product and is only available on certain products. Delivery time 2-7 working days. Mainland UK only.
FREE Click & Collect
Reserve your desired product and collect for free from one of our stores. Only available on certain products and is subject to availability
For an extra £150, your order can be delivered by an engineer within 7-14 working days subject to availability.
This is a good option if you suffer from mobility limitations, live in a rural area or in a second floor flat/apartment, or would just prefer a more personalised delivery experience.
You will receive a phone call to arrange a delivery date/time to suit you. On the day of your choice, the engineer will arrive and assemble your product and ensure it’s in full working order. Then they will provide a full demonstration, including charging, preparing and assembling/disassembling your product. The engineer will be happy to answer any of your questions during this time, and will even take all the unnecessary packaging with them when they leave.
Characteristics applicable to all delivery options
Whilst we endeavour to deliver all goods in the timeframes quoted at the point of order, on occasion there may be unforeseen delays due to factors beyond our control. Wherever possible, we will do our utmost to notify you of any potential such delays as soon as these are identified. However, we shall not accept liability for any losses, damages, or costs incurred due to a delay in delivery.
All delivery timeframes are provided by Lifestyle & Mobility in good faith and we would request that customers accept these in good faith also. To this end, customers are urged to contact us with any particular delivery needs prior to purchase in order to avoid disappointment or inconvenience.
Should any substantive alterations be made to our delivery policy, we shall endeavour to make all affected customers aware as soon as possible.
Damage On Delivery
You MUST inform Lifestyle & Mobility on the SAME DAY as delivery/receipt of the goods that damage has been made. Any damaged goods must be retained by the buyer for any inspection. Customers may be requested to supply photos of the damage sustained in delivery and dispatch.
Manufacturer warranties and Lifestyle & Mobility warranties do not affect your consumer rights.
The various components of Lifestyle & Mobility’s warranties begin on the day which your order is processed – this is either when you confirm that you are happy to take receipt of a distance purchase, or when you place a payment (in part or in full) on an in-store purchase. In the event of delivery delays, Lifestyle & Mobility may, at the sole discretion of the company, extend that warranty period to whatever extent is considered proportionate.
Generally, our mobility products are guaranteed for twelve months by the manufacturer. Our warranty does not cover items used outside of the UK mainland and does not include the cost of hiring a replacement product(s). For items purchased outside of mainland UK, we can provide a “return to base” repairs service at our discretion and at your cost.
Our warranties provide coverage only if you correctly maintain the product, and do not use it for purposes for which it is not intended. Correct maintenance of the product is classed as maintenance of the item in line with the user handbooks which Lifestyle & mobility make available where applicable.
Please note that if you make any modifications to the product then this invalidates the manufacturer’s warranty and Lifestyle & Mobility guarantee.
We hope you’re happy with every purchase you make with Lifestyle & Mobility, but if this isn’t the case we hope to make the returns process as simple as possible.
Returning Something Purchased In-Store
- You have 14 days from purchase to return unused products still in their original packaging for a full refund.
- Returns must be made to one of our showrooms.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition with all necessary packaging, we reserve the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s) or packaging.
- No refunds will be given on items purchased in-store unless the item is unable to fulfil its functions as stated in the relevant user literature to a reasonable standard (i.e. not just subject to cosmetic variation or similar). A credit note may be offered as a goodwill gesture, but the decision to do so is entirely at Lifestyle & Mobility’s discretion.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are Made To Order, Bespoke, Special Builds or Prescriptive. These goods are subject to a different policy, as laid out earlier in this document. Neither can we accept the return of products which can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. Likewise, these items are ineligible to be refunded via the procedures set out here.
- Returns can be made either by post (arranged by yourself) or via our collection service. If your product(s) were delivered by standard delivery and you need us to collect it for a return, you’ll incur one of the charges detailed below
Returning Online Purchases
N.B. as per our legal obligations, our online returns policy also applies to purchases made through other “distance selling” channels – namely phone and mail orders
Note that, whilst you can return eligible online items within the 14-day cooling off period, the money refunded you will be minus the cost of your returning it to us.
If you wish to cancel your order before we’ve despatched it, please call 01702 417 088 to request cancellation. We try to dispatch things very quickly so if you need to cancel your order please do so as soon as possible.
The Returns Process
Please note once we have despatched an item(s) to you, the item cannot be cancelled and the below returns process comes into effect, along with its charges.
- In order to ensure eligibility for a refund, you must return your order within 14 calendar days of receiving the goods.
- To cancel your order you must contact us via telephone to notify us of your decision to return. Below are our full details if you need to contact us for another reason.
Telephone: 01702 417 088 – E-mail: [email protected]
Postal Address: Lifestyle, Units 20-22, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Southernhay, Basildon, SS14 1JJ
- You are responsible for returning the product/products to us. Those responsibilities include costs and logistical arrangements. At Lifestyle & Mobility’s sole discretion, we may arrange transportation at an itemised cost on your behalf, payment for which must provided by you in advance of collection. The same applies to your collection of the products, though we may, at company discretion, be able to quote you on a particular return option.
- To receive a full refund the product(s) MUST be returned complete, unused, undamaged and in the original packaging.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition, Lifestyle & Mobility reserves the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s).
- We’re happy for you to unpack the item and inspect it. However, if you’ve used or installed it we will only make a partial refund to cover the loss in value of the product. This could be up to 50% of the price of the item.
- If on return of the goods, whether by post, self-delivery or courier, we find that necessary packaging is missing then we reserve the right to charge an £80 fee to repackage the product(s).
- Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are Made To Order, Special Builds or Prescriptive Products have been specially adapted to suit your requirements, or for products that can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. A refund can only be given if the product(s) arrives unable to fulfil its functions as outlined in the user literature to a reasonable standard. For incontinence products a refund can only be granted if you haven’t opened the outer packaging/wrapping.
Faulty Goods Procedures
- If your goods are out of warranty, we can still deal with repairs for you, so long as long as parts are still available. Please Email us on [email protected]
- For the purposes of our ‘Faulty Goods Procedures’ a “faulty” item is defined as one which is unable to fulfil one or more of the advertised functions in the most recent user literature, e.g. if a mobility scooter arrives without functioning steering, to give one representative situation.
- If your goods are faulty whilst under warranty, we will fix them. Please note that it is your responsibility to get them back to us. You can either bring your product(s) to one of our retail stores or send them to us via courier. If you do choose to send them by courier they must be well-packaged and secured on a pallet if they do not fall within the hand-held size range. This is in the interests of health and safety for those moving and handling the goods. Please also note that we will not accept responsibility for any damages incurred during the process of returning the goods to ourselves.
- Please note that, in order for us to carry out repairs, Lifestyle & Mobility ask that you cover the costs of sending the items to us and our returning them to you. This charge reflects the discounted nature of online purchases, as it is not applicable for in-store purchases, making it one of the major cost differentiators.
- At present, our company only has the capacity to send engineers out to you as a matter of course so long as you are within a 20-mile overland radius of that store. Should an engineer make a discretionary journey above that distance, additional charges may apply. These callout charges are not included within our Bronze and Silver online purchase packages. The cost coverage referred to in the descriptions thereof applies solely to parts and labour.
- You will also need to allow us adequate time to fix your goods. This includes acceptance of the fact that wait times for parts from manufacturers may be substantial, for reasons beyond our control. For our part, we will strive to do everything that could be reasonably expected to make all repair work undertaken run as quickly as possible.
- Please note: All new scooters/powerchairs purchased in-store come with a 12-month warranty on batteries. If you purchase a scooter/powerchair online the battery warranty is 6 months.
- If you need to apply for a warranty, please email [email protected] with a subject line of ‘Warranty’. We shall respond to all such applications within 7 working days.
Additional Information for Faulty Goods Bought In-Store
- If you have a faulty product which you bought in-store, please contact the store you purchased it from. Be sure to have your receipt or proof of purchase to hand. Whenever possible, we will send an engineer to you as long you are within a 20-mile overland radius of that store. Where possible we will also lend you a loan product. However, we cannot always guarantee loan product availability. Unfortunately, neither can we guarantee you a like-for-like product.
Collection of Returns
Should you require Lifestyle & Mobility to collect items which you wish to return, certain charges will apply.
N.B. if and when a product needs to be dismantled before we can take it away, you will also be liable to pay the £80 engineer service fee on top of the standard returns collection charges.
Engineer’s Collection Policy
Where goods need to be dismantled to enable return we can arrange to send a mobility technician to collect the product from you at a convenient time.
- If this service is needed, please notify us by phone or in writing within 14 days of the product being delivered.
- By ordering this service you agree to pay a cost of £80 (confirmed beforehand) as an engineer service fee.
Returns Collection Charges (per item)
- All orders under £30 – £6
- Daily Living Aids – £15
- Walking Aids – £15
- Manual Wheelchairs – £20
- Bathroom Aids – £20
- Mobility Scooters – £100
- Recliner Chairs – £50
- Powerchairs – £100
- Bedroom Aids – £50
- Patient & Handling Products – £50
- Items not covered by the above categories – subject to Lifestyle & Mobility’s discretion
Regarding one of our time-limited promotions:
For Black Friday 2022, please see below the terms & conditions of our prescriptive product offers.
In order to qualify for, respectively:
£1,000 off Powerchairs
£500 off Manual Wheelchairs
£500 off Powered Add-ons
You will need to
a) Book an assessment with us prior to 29th November
b) Order a product whose total value (excl VAT) equals or exceeds £1800
A note on credit card interest
Should you make a purchase of a single item costing £100 or more using a credit card, and any interest be accrued on your payment whilst you await a refund, you are usually protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. in many cases, this obligates your credit provider to refund you that interest. In instances where said interest has been accrued, your first port of call should be your credit provider, since they are primarily responsible for resolving this issue. Whilst Lifestyle & Mobility have neither the same powers nor obligations in this instance, we are more than happy to point customers needing assistance with this in the right direction.
For Future Reference
Please note that all of the above is to be found, in full, on our website, under “Terms & Conditions” for your reference. Should any of our Terms & Conditions be substantively altered at a future date, customers will be made aware of this where applicable.
Should you have further questions regarding our Terms and Conditions, please email us at [email protected] and we will endeavour to give you clarification.