We hope you’re happy with every purchase you make with Lifestyle & Mobility, but if this isn’t the case we hope to make the returns process as simple as possible.
Returning Something Purchased In-Store
- You have 14 days from purchase to return unused products still in their original packaging for a full refund.
- Returns must be made to one of our showrooms.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition with all necessary packaging, we reserve the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s) or packaging.
- No refunds will be given on items purchased in-store unless the item is unable to fulfil its functions as stated in the relevant user literature to a reasonable standard (i.e. not just subject to cosmetic variation or similar). A credit note may be offered as a goodwill gesture, but the decision to do so is entirely at Lifestyle & Mobility’s discretion.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are Made To Order, Bespoke, Special Builds or Prescriptive. These goods are subject to a different policy, as laid out earlier in this document. Neither can we accept the return of products which can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. Likewise, these items are eligible to be refunded via the procedures set out here.
- Returns can be made either by post (arranged by yourself) or via our collection service. If your product(s) were delivered by standard delivery and you need us to collect it for a return, you’ll incur one of the charges detailed below
Returning Online Purchases
N.B. as per our legal obligations, our online returns policy also applies to purchases made through other “distance selling” channels – namely phone and mail orders
If you wish to cancel your order before we’ve despatched it, please call 01702 417 088 to request cancellation. We try to dispatch things very quickly so if you need to cancel your order please do so as soon as possible.
The Returns Process
Please note once we have despatched an item(s) to you, the item cannot be cancelled and the below returns process comes into effect, along with its charges.
- In order to ensure eligibility for a refund, you must return your order within 14 calendar days of receiving the goods.
- To cancel your order you must contact us via telephone to notify us of your decision to return. Below are our full details if you need to contact us for another reason.
Telephone: 01702 417 088 – E-mail: email@example.com
Postal Address: Lifestyle & Mobility, 45-49 Market Square, Basildon, SS14 1DE
- You are responsible for returning the product/products to us. Those responsibilities include costs and logistical arrangements. At Lifestyle & Mobility’s sole discretion, we may arrange transportation at an itemised cost on your behalf, payment for which must provided by you in advance of collection. The same applies to your collection of the products, though we may, at company discretion, be able to quote you on a particular return option.
- To receive a full refund the product(s) MUST be returned complete, unused, undamaged and in the original packaging.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition, Lifestyle & Mobility reserves the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s).
- We’re happy for you to unpack the item and inspect it. However, if you’ve used or installed it we will only make a partial refund to cover the loss in value of the product. This could be up to 50% of the price of the item.
- If on return of the goods, whether by post, self-delivery or courier, we find that necessary packaging is missing then we reserve the right to charge an £80 fee to repackage the product(s).
- Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are Made To Order, Special Builds or Prescriptive Products have been specially adapted to suit your requirements, or for products that can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. A refund can only be given if the product(s) arrives unable to fulfil its functions as outlined in the user literature to a reasonable standard. For incontinence products a refund can only be granted if you haven’t opened the outer packaging/wrapping.
Faulty Goods Procedures
- If your goods are out of warranty, we can still deal with repairs for you, so long as long as parts are still available. Please Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the purposes of our ‘Faulty Goods Procedures’ a “faulty” item is defined as one which is unable to fulfil one or more of the advertised functions in the most recent user literature, e.g. if a mobility scooter arrives without functioning steering, to give one representative situation.
- If your goods are faulty whilst under warranty, we will fix them. Please note that it is your responsibility to get them back to us. You can either bring your product(s) to one of our retail stores or send them to us via courier. If you do choose to send them by courier they must be well-packaged and secured on a pallet if they do not fall within the hand-held size range. This is in the interests of health and safety for those moving and handling the goods. Please also note that we will not accept responsibility for any damages incurred during the process of returning the goods to ourselves.
- You will also need to allow us adequate time to fix your goods. This includes acceptance of the fact that wait times for parts from manufacturers may be substantial, for reasons beyond our control. For our part, we will strive to do everything that could be reasonably expected to make all repair work undertaken run as quickly as possible.
- Please note: All new scooters/powerchairs purchased in-store come with a 12-month warranty on batteries. If you purchase a scooter/powerchair online the battery warranty is 6 months.
- If you need to apply for a warranty, please email email@example.com with a subject line of ‘Warranty’. We shall respond to all such applications within 7 working days.
Additional Information for Faulty Goods Bought In-Store
- If you have a faulty product which you bought in-store, please contact the store you purchased it from. Be sure to have your receipt or proof of purchase to hand. Whenever possible, we will send an engineer to you as long you are within a 20-mile overland radius of that store. Where possible we will also lend you a loan product. However, we cannot always guarantee loan product availability. Unfortunately, neither can we guarantee you a like-for-like product.
Collection of Returns
Should you require Lifestyle & Mobility to collect items which you wish to return, certain charges will apply.
N.B. if and when a product needs to be dismantled before we can take it away, you will also be liable to pay the £80 engineer service fee on top of the standard returns collection charges.
Engineer’s Collection Policy
Where goods need to be dismantled to enable return we can arrange to send a mobility technician to collect the product from you at a convenient time.
- If this service is needed, please notify us by phone or in writing within 14 days of the product being delivered.
- By ordering this service you agree to pay a cost of £80 (confirmed beforehand) as an engineer service fee.
Returns Collection Charges (per item)
- All orders under £30 – £6
- Daily Living Aids – £15
- Walking Aids – £15
- Manual Wheelchairs – £20
- Bathroom Aids – £20
- Mobility Scooters – £100
- Recliner Chairs – £50
- Powerchairs – £100
- Bedroom Aids – £50
- Patient & Handling Products – £50
- Items not covered by the above categories – subject to Lifestyle & Mobility’s discretion
All refunds will be processed within 14 days following receipt of goods.
For Future Reference
Please note that all of the above is to be found, in full, on our website, under “Terms & Conditions” for your reference. Should any of our Terms & Conditions be substantively altered at a future date, customers will be made aware of this where applicable.
Should you have further questions regarding our Terms and Conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to give you clarification.